The sheer grandeur and history of Russia’s imperial capital never fail to amaze, but this is also a city with a revolutionary spirit.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of St Petersburg, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Coverage includes: the Historic Heart, Sennaya, Kolomna, Smolny, Vosstaniya, Vasilyevsky Island, Petrograd Side, Vyborg Side, and more
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, art, literature, music, architecture, performing arts, St Petersburg today
- Over 27 maps