The Philippines is defined by its emerald rice fields, teeming megacities, graffiti-splashed jeepneys, smouldering volcanoes, bug-eyed tarsiers, fuzzy water buffalo and smiling, happy-go-lucky people.
Lonely Planet will get you to the heart of Philippines, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice:
- inspirational images, highlights and recommendations from our expert authors
- planning features and top itineraries to help you plan the perfect trip
- local secrets and hidden travel gems that will make your trip unique
- plus dedicated feature on diving in the Philippines, plus coverage of the region’s other outdoor activities, people and culture, and environment
- Coverage includes:Planning chapters, Manila, North Luzon, Southeast Luzon, Mindoro, Boracay & Western Visayas, Cebu & Eastern Visayas, Mindanao, Palawan, and the Understand and Survival guide chapters.
12th Edition, May 2015
Next edition due: May 2018