Lonely Planet Greece is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Endless miles of aquamarine coastline, sun-bleached ancient ruins, strong feta and stronger ouzo – the Greek landscape thrills, and the Greek people are passionate about politics, coffee, art and gossiping.
Inside Lonely Planet Greece Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - including history, art, literature, cinema, music, architecture, politics, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine and customs
- Free, convenient pull-out Athens map (included in print version), plus over 130 maps
Covers: Athens, Crete, Santorini, the Ionian Islands, Evia, the Sporades, the Cyclades, the Dodecanese, the Saronic Gulf Islands, Macedonia, the Northeastern Aegean Islands, and more